WSQ Manage Site Emergency (2 Days) [5 CPD points]
Course Code: PI-PRO-327E-1
Course Reference Number: CRS-Q-0027698-PI
Manage Site Emergency is recommended to be the enhanced unit and the second unit of the incident management training for the Site Incident Controller or Site Main Controller in the Emergency Response and Crisis Management Framework which you undertake as part of the Company Emergency Response Team (CERT). This course builds up the knowledge components of the incident management training.
This unit will build upon the concepts of emergency response principles and introduce the techniques on the management of emergencies. Trainees will also be introduced to simulated environment of various emergency situations to gain understanding on leadership, teamwork, command and control, situation awareness, decision making, delegation, communication. Trainees will also be familiarise with the roles and responsibilities of CERT and the importance of collective competency and confidence.
You will be required to demonstrate the following Performance Statements upon completion of this course:
- Deploy Company Emergency Response Team in accordance to their roles and responsibilities.
- Apply the principles of Command, Control and Communication during emergencies.
- Assess the effects of the emergency to make appropriate decisions to control and mitigate the emergency.
- Apply the operations of an Information Management System during an emergency
Who Should Attend
This course aims to provide personnel appointed as the Site Incident Controller or Site Main Controller with the skills and knowledge required to manage and command the site major emergency until the arrival of the Singapore Civil Defence Force. It is targeted typically at individuals who are currently supervisors or senior technicians from the following sub-sectors which may include: Chemical Production, Oil & Gas Production, Plant Construction, Waste Management, Energy Management, Buildings, Hotels and Hospitals.
The competency unit would be appropriate for those with operational responsibilities.
This course will cover the knowledge in order to build up your underpinning knowledge as followed:
- Statutory and organisational requirements for emergency response.
- Roles and responsibilities of Site Incident Controller (Onsite Emergency Manager).
- Composition and responsibilities of Company Emergency Response Team (CERT).
- Methods to implement and maintain effective standard of command, control and communication.
- Understanding all possible major emergencies scenarios that are relevant to work place.
- Importance of evaluating emergency for potential escalation.
- Advantages of an effective information management system.
- Components of an information management system.
- Types of emergency response strategies to mitigate an emergency
|Course Date & Course Run||Course Venue||Course Registration Link|
|Run 03:20 & 21 April 2017, Thurs & Fri||Village Hotel Bugis||https://ccg-mse03.eventbrite.com|
|Run 04:29 & 30 June 2017, Thurs & Fri||Village Hotel Bugis||https://ccg-mse04.eventbrite.com|
|Run 05:28 & 29 September 2017, Thurs & Fri||Village Hotel Bugis||https://ccg-mse05.eventbrite.com|
|Run 06:07 & 08 December 2017, Thurs & Fri||Village Hotel Bugis||https://ccg-mse06.eventbrite.com|
2 days (16 Hours)
Course Fees & Funding
Full Course Fees: S$680 per pax (all inclusive). Lunch and refreshments are provided in this training.
Singaporeans and PRs are eligible for funding.
|Who are eligible for Funding||Description||Full Course Fees||Course Fees Funding||Nett Fees after subsidy|
|SME sponsored employee (Singaporeans and PRs)||90% of course fees capped at $50/hr||$680||$612||$68|
|Non-SME sponsored employee (Singaporeans and PRs)||50% of course fees capped at $15/hr||$680||$240||$440|
|SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy(Singaporean employee or individual aged ≥ 40 years)||90% of course fees capped at $50/hr||$680||$612||$68|
|Workfare Training Support Scheme(Singaporean employee or individual aged ≥ 35 years & earning ≤ $2000/ month)||95% of course fees||$680||$646||$34|
|Individual Sponsored (Singaporeans and PR aged ≥ 21 years)||50% of course fees capped at $15/hr||$680||$240||$440|
*Funding may vary, please refer to www.skillsconnect.gov.sg for more details.
Practical Role Play, Case Study and Written Test
- A WSQ Statement of Attainment (SOA) from SkillsFuture Singapore (WDA) will be awarded upon the course completion.
- 5 CPD points accredited by SCDF will be awarded upon the course completion.
It is recommended that you had attended the first module “WSQ Implement Incident Management Processes” previously.
For more information or course registration, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.